Monday, May 11, 2020

Mother's Day Brunch

This mother's day was bittersweet. For the past 9 years we have spent Mother's day with my parents and Matt's family. It was always when we celebrated Macy and Leah's birthday. This year May 10th was mother's day AND Macy's birthday. It stung a little that we couldn't all be together. However we made the most of it. Actually I didn't MAKE anything, ha!

Jeff and Mitch took over the cooking and did a great job preparing brunch. Jeff made a delicious breakfast casserole, banana nut muffins and an apple pie. Mitch made his bacon cheddar deviled eggs, roasted asparagus and bacon wrapped shrimp. Gigi brought over a fruit salad and cinnamon rolls. Needless to say, we ate good. Leah made me the sweetest mothers day video with pictures she took from this very blog. It was the sweetest. Gigi was showered with gifts, too! New beats headphones and an Amazon Echo Show.

That afternoon I stayed home with all the girls while Mitch, Jeff and Laura went golfing. All I wanted was an hour in the pool but of all the days for the weather to NOT cooperate. It sprinkled off and on a few times and was pretty overcast. I actually got a little chilly in the pool when it was 98 degrees outside. I absolutely love that dry Arizona heat! I was lucky enough to get in a morning bike ride. It was a great day and I'm grateful we were able to spend it with family.








No comments: