Thursday, March 17, 2022

A Bit o' Magic

We packed a lot into the day, but I had another surprise up my sleeve...we treated the girls to a Broadway show, MARY POPPINS! I figured it was quite fitting since we were in London. I mean, I could've gotten tickets to Jersey Boys or Mamma Mia, but that didn't make sense. Plus I know that Mary Poppins is Gigi's favorite and she had taken the girls to see the movie remake. Gigi always takes the girls to the theaters. I knew it had to be the one. 

It was rough getting there. It was still raining, and it was nearly impossible to get a cab. So we grabbed our umbrellas and set off on foot. It took us a while, and we weren't too terribly wet when we arrived. Mitch grabbed some snacks and met us at our seats. I didn't realize how good our tickets were when I bought them. We were on the floor, twelve rows from the stage. Every time I looked over at the girls they were smiling so big. Step in Time was probably the favorite for all of us. Bert stole the show. He was on a harness and attached to a magnet. He tap danced up the wall, across the ceiling and then back down again. At the end of the show, Mary Poppins flew over the audience with her umbrella. Hattie was in awe and it made my heart so happy. 

On our walk home it had thankfully stopped raining. We found a little pizza joint that was still open a few blocks from our place. We stopped in for a late night bite to eat. The place must be a popular joint because it was filling up by the time we left. 

The next morning we were up and moving pretty early. Our first stop was Kings Crossing. We couldn't leave London without visiting platform 9 and 3/4. A little bit of Wizardry can go a long way, because in no time at all we were across the street at St. Pancras Station to catch the Eurostar train to Paris!

















No comments: