Friday, June 12, 2009

Fun with Family

On June 4th my sister Laura arrived in New Jersey. As fate would happen, my sisters fiance is from New York and his mother recently relocated to New Jersey. When her future in-laws decided to have a bridal shower for her in New York it worked out perfectly for us...we didn't have far to go. After my new nephew was born on June 5th, my mother and our very dear family friend, Cece, jumped in the car and headed East. They got to New Jersey on Saturday afternoon. It's always great to see familiar faces, and Leah LOVES to have company. She turns on the charm and is a total "ham" for whoever will look her way. My mother really enjoyed taking pictures of Leah on Sunday morning while we were getting ready. Don't ask me where I was (probably showering) but she was able to snap pictures of Leah running around with condoms...yes, condoms and also this one with a tampon. My mom thought that these would be great additions to her baby book. Thanks mom!

On Sunday morning we drove about 2 hours north, up to Port Chester, New York for my sister's shower. Susan and Valerie (Laura's future mom-in-law and sister-in-law) put together a wonderful party in Laura's honor. It was at a great Italian restaurant, and the food was great.

This picture shows off Gia Carol's handy work. My mom was giving Leah a bath on Saturday night. She turned to get the towel and Leah stood up in the bath and went right back down. She bumped her right eye pretty good. She had a nice shiner. It looked much worse on Monday and without a doubt it was more painful for Gia Carol who will never live it down ;)

On Monday before Mom and Cece hit the road and before Laura got dropped off at the airport Grandma got some shopping in. Mom got Macy and Leah matching dresses for the wedding rehearsal at Gymboree. Leah and I go back to Illinois next week so we can have Laura's shower with all our family and friends back home. It will be nice to see everyone...most of all I'm looking forward to getting my hands on that new little nephew of mine, Colby.
Cheers and Have a Nice Weekend!

No comments: