Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Twenty-Ten!!!





So I'm a week late, but things have been busy around here. Santa was good to Leah this year. Well, kind of...he spent a lot of money, but there was only a few toys. Leah's big gift this year was her new "big-girl bed." We have been slowly transitioning her out of the nursery, and into what WAS our guest room, so that we can get the nursery ready for baby 2. Well, it isn't taking long for Leah to adjust...but it never has. Lucky for us, she transitions really well, away from the bottle, away from the pacifier and now into her new bed. We have got some of her toys in there, and she has been playing in there really well.

The first night went smooth. Mitch laid her down, read her a story and turned out the lights. She cried for just a few minutes...I'm not going to lie, I did too. It was sad to think of my BABY not needing to sleep in a crib anymore, it made me nostalgic for when she was tiny and would just curl up and sleep on my chest, or tuck her head in under her daddy's chin for a little cat nap. The second and third nights were not as smooth. She was waking up in the middle of the night and not wanting to go back down, but then last night she finally slept through the night again. She is waking up a little earlier than normal but I think that is because the "Pink" Room-darkening curtains haven't arrived yet and it's a little bright in there for her.

So Happy New Year! Happy new beginnings with our beautiful Leah and to the new beginning we are about to embark on with baby number 2. I can't wait to see what 2010 has in store for us. I just know it's going to be a great year for us, and I am hoping that it will be equally great for all of our friends and family.

No comments: