Sunday, December 12, 2010

9 months



My little love bug turned 9 months old earlier this week. I can't believe it. She surely must hold the record for speed crawling and she can walk and walk and walk...as long as she is holding on to something. She got her first tooth a few weeks ago on Nov. 20th and the second one decided to show up on her actual 9 month birthday, the 8th. No more little gummy grins from my baby girl, for Christmas she got her 2 front teeth! Developmentally she is thriving. She is making all sorts of noises "buh, buh, buh, dah, dah, dah" and so forth and she loves to grunt. She has started making a cute little funny face as she blows air out of her nose. She is too big and independent for baby food anymore, she only eats big girl food. Lots of fruits and veggies, pasta, cheese, eggs and an occasional peanut butter sandwich (which our pediatrician was less than thrilled with). She claps her hands and waves and is growing like a weed. All that big girl food is catching up to her. She weighed 18 lbs and 14 oz and measured 27 and three quarters inches at her appointment this week. Dr. Matt put her in the 50th percentile across the charts!!! YAY!

I can best describe Kiersten these days as Leah's little shadow. Wherever big sister is, Kiersten wants to be too. If Leah is still napping in her room with the door shut, Kiersten will crawl down the hall to her room and bang on her door and I have a video of Leah playing outside and Kiersten is banging on the sliding glass door begging for some attention. They are definitely a pair. Leah is fairly tolerant of her "shadow" these days but I know it won't last long. For now I am just in love with my baby girls. They make me smile in more ways than I can count and I have a feeling this is going to be the best Christmas ever.

No comments: