Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Little Love Lost




When we started telling family and friends that we were leaving New Jersey we started to hear a lot of "I bet you'll be so glad to get back home." and "No love lost." That got me thinking, that really there will be a little love lost. While I am ecstatic to return to the Midwest, It will be a little difficult to leave. I have made some wonderful friends here. Amanda, who is always good for a play date and some grown-up conversation. Kathleen, who I can vent to about anything and she will vent right back at me in return, and Jenn, who will rationalize with me and reassures me that my house doesn't always have to be clean and sometimes we need to just do and go to get through the day. I value each of these friendships and I hope that they will continue to grow. I joke that they aren't getting rid of me that easily. Jenn has three little ones, roughly the ages of my two and when we decide to have our next I think I will bending her ear quite often. She knows what it's like, she has managed the chaos and she can listen like no body's business and then helps me put things in perspective. Kathleen and I get along like 2 peas in a pod. We have filled in for one another in a pinch and have had some GREAT~FANTASTIC~WONDERFUL outings with our kiddos and I will miss those play dates the most.

Secondly, I will miss our house. No matter what it will always hold a place in my heart. Although we quickly outgrew this space, this is where I brought my babies home. This is where I rocked them to sleep and laid their little bodies in their cribs to rest. This is where I sat and nursed them from my body, rocked and cried in the middle of the night when they wouldn't go to sleep. It was here that they took their first steps, said their first words and memories like those cannot be erased. This will always be our first home as a family. I've mentioned to Mitch on several occasions how much I will miss our plush, large back yard. Granted we are moving to almost an acre of land so we will have plenty of backyard to play in at our new house, but I just LOVE our yard. The weather here has been so warm the past few days, okay not necessarily a heat wave, but mid-50's low 60's and Leah has been going out to play everyday. I am so happy that I am getting to watch her play and enjoy this space for a bit longer before it is no longer ours. Her smile says it all...and the mud on her jeans says even more.

No comments: