Thursday, January 5, 2012

16 Weeks




Today I am 16 weeks pregnant! I have to admit that this one was tough to keep quiet. I managed to get past 12 weeks when we finally shared our good news. You probably saw the picture we sent out in our Christmas card a few posts back. It was so fun to share our good news that way, but the anticipation was almost too much! Funny story...I put our Christmas card in the mail on a Tuesday night (6PM) and at dinner that night Mitch decided to talk to Leah about the fact that we are having another baby. I didn't mind. Afterall I wasn't sure she would get it. The next day my mom was watching the girls while I was teaching, and our family friend Cece stopped by. Leah told her loud and proud that there was a baby in my belly and she was a big sister...my mom didn't know what to say. Of course she already knew, I had told her a week earlier, but she thought it was still a secret. Good thing the cards arrived in the mail that day, ha!

I had my first doctors appointment on November 21st. We had an ultrasound to confirm our pregnancy and Dr. Morissetty said that everything looked good. I was 9 weeks along by then. And really I can't complain too much about the first trimester. Really the only symptom I has was tiredness. I was REALLY tired! Like, I HAVE to take a nap everyday, tired. Luckily that started to disappear around 10-11 weeks. I really didn't struggle with morning sickness at all, so that was a definite bonus.

My second Doctors appointment was on Dec. 22nd. I was 13 weeks along. I don't know how they know but Dr. Morissetty examined my stomach and said that my uterus was measuring right on target and doing well and that he was very happy with the baby's heartbeat. You can't ask for more than that. At my 13 week appointment I had gained 2 pounds...shocking since we had just spent Christmas in Minnesota :)

Now, I am 16 weeks and not showing a bit. I think I just look chubby. You can decide for yourself from the picture below. I go back to the doctor on Wed. January 18th. I will be one day shy of 18 weeks and at that time we will schedule our appointment for our ultrasound. Everyone keeps asking...do we want to know, boy or girl? Truthfully, we haven't decided. We knew with Leah. She was our first and we were just so excited that we HAD to know. With Kiersten we decided to wait and be surprised and it was special in a very different sort of way. I liked not knowing, and having Mitch tell me boy or girl after all was said and done. Of course, this time is our last go around. Ideally, I think we want a boy...that would be great, but at the same time I think about how wonderful the bond would be between 3 girls, and come on...we know how to do girls!!! I just can't decide, which is probably a good thing. I guess it means I will be happy either way, which I know we will. So do I really need to know??? Probably not. So stay tuned, only 5.5 more months until the big reveal, ha!

No comments: