Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Reflecting

Happy New Year! The past few days, as I have been working on our 2011 photo book, and our 2011 Family Blog book I have had time to do a lot of reflecting: both on what was, and what is yet to be. I loved looking back over all the things that have happened in the past year. Looking at pictures from our time in New Jersey, seeing pictures of the massive snowstorms that we survived last year on the East Coast. Reading about Kiersten's first steps. Looking at pictures of the girls playing in our former backyard and neighborhood park. We've come a long way in the past year. And it was honestly what we dreamed of. We couldn't wait to get back closer to our families. But it made my heart ache a little. Even though New Jersey wasn't the place for us, it holds a very dear place in my (our) hearts. That is the house that we brought both of our precious baby girls home too. That is where they took their first steps and said their first words. We enjoyed many a day playing in the lush backyard and enjoyed so many good times there.

But looking ahead, I cherish all the memories that we are making in our new home. Celebrating birthday's and holidays with all of our family here, Sunday dinners at my parents house and more. We are blessed...and I can't help but think about what 2012 has in store for us. Most of all the newest little addition to our family. I think of the memories we are about to create in our new home. What awesome love will bloom and grow in this house. How our family will continue to change and grow together. There is so much to be thankful for and to look forward to. The anticipation is building. I'm enjoying the new memories we make everyday.

For instance....On January 2nd. We had the fist snow of the New Year. It was the second snow of the season. But the first one was on the ground when we woke up...this time we got to watch the beautiful snowflakes fall from the sky. Leah was so excited, she couldn't contain herself. She was running from room to room looking out windows and the back door. I pulled up the blinds in the front room and I swear, the girls sat in the front window watching the snow for a good 15 minutes. Kiersten was so excited. I'm sure she didn't know exactly what she was excited about, but Leah's excitement was all she needed to know that the snow falling was good stuff. I love it! Memory stashed away, in that special place where memories like these go. So Cheers to the New Year, may the memories be many and may we all continue to be blessed in 2012!



No comments: