Thursday, January 12, 2012

Weather Mix-up

Mother Nature must be seriously confused, because that is the only explanation I can think of for the weather we have been having. It's crazy! Who would have thought that in the first week of January we would be having temps anywhere from 45-60, YES I said 60! For 6 days straight the girls have been able to play outside, they love it and I'm not going to lie...I love it too. It's so great for them to get outside and burn off some energy. A couple days they have been playing outside in the morning and in the afternoon. Of course the trampoline is still a favorite. There were a few times I looked outside and Leah was helping her baby sister on and off of the trampoline. It made me so happy, they are really starting to be best friends and playing so well together. Of course the trampoline is short lived for Bug...she jumps down, and goes to the slide, then the trike, then the baseball bat, then back to the slide. She is all over the place, but that't good. She is exploring, and checking it all out.

Now today the temperature is 19 and we are in a winter weather advisory...HUH?!?!? Come on Mother Nature, make up your mind. This is tough stuff after no coat and playing outside for days on end. It's even more difficult for me because I am not a fan of January to begin with...or February for that matter. They are just so blah. You are coming down from the holiday highs and all the excitement of visits with family and giving and receiving gifts. The wonderful temps tricked me into thinking that spring was almost here, or at least on the way. Now we are back to dreary old winter. Yuck! Oh well, thanks for playing tricks on my mind. Gotta go get the girls ready to play in the snow.





No comments: