Monday, January 23, 2012

Winter Blah's

See what I mean about January...It's been over a week and I have nothing to blog about, UGH!!! Our weather has been up and down and all over the place. Seriously, one day it's 50 and the next it is 15. We have had two bouts of snow, but even weirder we have had two major thunderstorms that have included tornados. It is January, right??? The thunder and lightning have been fun to watch but come on. This past Friday we have icy, rainy, snowy mix that made for some dangerous conditions out on the road. Earlier last week we had low teens with freezing cold wind chills...I bundled up the girls and let them have at it. They lasted a little over 30 minutes and you can tell how cold it was from the bright pink nose and cheeks Kiersten has in the "undressing" picture. But they LOVE playing in the snow and I just can't say no, it's good for them and as you can tell they are really bundled up.

Leah had so much fun making snow angels...even though there was hardly enough snow. They both wanted to jump on the ice covered trampoline which was a huge failure, but I let them give it a try. And the best part was seeing Kiersten...yes, Kiersten decide to have a snow ball fight. I happened to look out the window and see her hurling chunks of snow at her sister. It made me laugh so I went out to snap some pictures. Sure enough she was making "snowballs" and lobbing them in her sisters direction. Leah did not approve, and I had to laugh...it didn't take long though and she was hurling them in my direction. I shrieked in horror and ran around with both girls chasing me and it was good fun for about 5 minutes, before I decided it was much too cold for me, sans coat and I headed in. Here's to hoping for more fun in the snow!








No comments: