Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Bump has Arrived!

It's here, it's here...although I'm not really all that excited about it. Of course I am, I just enjoyed not having to wear maternity clothes. On the flip side, now it's starting to be more obvious that I am in fact preggers and not just getting chunky, ha! Tomorrow I will be 23 weeks along. YAY! Some time the time seems to fly and others it drags by like a 500 pound weight. We had a prenatal appt. last week (2/15) and Mitch came with me. We knew the doctor would be going over ultrasound and bloodwork results with us so I wanted him to be there. God is good, and our quad screen came back negative...which means no down syndrome, trisomy 18, spina bifida, etc were detected. Overall the ultrasound looked good too. Dr. Morrisetty began by explaining that I have an anterior placenta which means that the placenta is attached to the front of the uterus. This means it might be more difficult for me to feel the baby move. Well, I'm feeling the baby move all the time...started around 19 weeks so that's no big deal. But the position of the baby during the ultrasound and the position of the placenta made it difficult to measure everything that they need to measure during a 20 week ultrasound. So I have to go back around 28 weeks. No big deal...the same thing happened with Kiersten. And who is going to complain about the chance to see their little one in utero AGAIN...not me, that's for sure!

The "bump" picture I attached was taken last night, 22 weeks and 5 days. On Monday night (2/20) the baby was doing some serious moving and shaking! I had Mitch put his hand on my stomach and he couldn't believe all the movement he could feel. I think we have a future dancer, or wrestler in there...kid was all over the place. It was great for him to be able to feel it all. And much earlier than in previous pregnancies. I like to let him feel the baby move. I think it gets him attached and involved. I'm hoping it won't be too much longer before the girls get their chance. Leah is very aware that their is a baby in my belly. She has started telling everyone, no insisting to everyone that it is a "boy baby" and that she is getting a little brother. Sister will be disappointed if it's a girl but she will have to get used to it. I keep telling her "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit." We talk about how God gets to make that decision, so I guess if she has a problem with it, she can take it up with him HA! Oh and of course after Daddy took a picture of the bump, Leah insisted that she get a "pretty princess picture"...so here it is.



2 comments:

~Maddi said...

You've been tagged!
http://stumpfadventure.blogspot.com/2012/02/ive-been-tagged.html

The McClearys said...

Love the bump! Boy or girl... you're still killing me! See you soon!