Friday, March 16, 2012

The Birthday Bug!


Last weekend we had a "SMALL" birthday party for Kiersten. I am one of those parents who feels like my kids don't need to have a big party for every birthday...but at the same time I didn't want to just let the day pass. Kiersten LOVES "Wow, Wow Wubbzy" so that was the theme I used. I took one of the invitations to the new Cookie shop downtown and they created the most adorable cookies for us! I made some Lemon Cupcakes and Mitch prepared some pulled pork BBQ and we had a little lunch party. My mom brought fruit salad and pasta salad and we were set.

My parents, Matt, Cynthia and Colby, Ellen, Laura McCleary and her two kids came, along with the Hunts. It was small but FUN! Before the party started and we were getting things set up and ready Kiersten kept saying "I can't wait!" and "I'm so excited!" And when the kids arrived you couldn't contain her excitement. She was telling everyone "Happy Birthday!" and "I'm two"...she had been practicing that one. We let the kids play outside for a while. We were so lucky to have a nice day with warm temps in the low 60's. We fed them a quick lunch and then they were off, out the backdoor again for some more outside time.

Of course birthday cake time was super fun, and super messy :) Kiersten was so excited to have everyone sing to her and she blew out her number 2 candle like a pro. She clapped and cheered right along with all her party guest. Then it was time to open gifts. Even though there were only a few people in attendance, she had received quite a few packages in the mail. She had so much fun opening them all. She would tear one open and then move right on to the next. It was so much fun. I think she was sad to see all her friends go once it had ended but she cheered up pretty quickly once she realized that she got to go home with Papa and Gigi for the night. She grabbed her bag and headed out the door with no hesitation. Told me goodbye, blew me a kiss and was off on her adventure. That's my girl!

Yesterday we had her 2 year old physical. The nurse was laughing so hard at all the funny things that Kiersten had to say...she was telling all sorts of stories. Our pediatrician was so impressed and commented that Kiersten has a very advanced vocabulary for 2. She is so smart! She weighed 28 lbs 4oz, which was in the 65th percentile and was 35.5 inches which is the 90th percentile. There were no concerns...she's perfect, but we already knew that!










No comments: