Saturday, July 5, 2014

4th of July




I don't know why the heck the picture of Mitch and I is upside down...weird. I've fixed it in Picture manager but it keeps posting wrong. Oh well, I will fix it when I do the blog book in January.

Anyway, 4th of July was WEIRD this year. We usually host a cookout, but with the move coming up the timing wasn't right. And it was COLD...yes, cold. I think the high for the day was 75 so by the time it was time to go to the fireworks were putting on jeans. I would have grabbed hoodies for the girls, but they were packed. Who knew we would need them in July. It was just a chill day at home for us, and that was okay. We need those some times. Next year I will totally be missing our quick walk over to the bridge to watch the firework show. It's been so convenient.

The girls were excited. It was Hattie's first fireworks so I wasn't sure how she would do. She could have cared less. She was much more excited to turn around repeatedly and point out the full moon. It was so funny. I kept singing "moon, moon, moon" (The Laurie Berkner Band Song) to her and she loved it. She couldn't have cared less about the fireworks. Tonight we are going to Matt and Emily Brown's for a 5th of July Cookout...should be a good time!

No comments: