Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Next Chapter...

And so it begins. This past week we said good-bye to our house on Dagmar. I'm not gonna lie, it was tough. On Wednesday morning we told the girls to say good-bye. They were going to Gigi and Papa's house for a few days while Mitch and I did the actual move. Leah broke down in tears. Mitch and I sat and talked with her for a few minutes and told her it was okay to cry. Change is hard! She cheered up when we talked about all the fun things she would get to do in the new house. And so they said their good-byes and we hit the road.

On Wednesday afternoon Mitch and I packed and loaded, and packed and loaded some more. On Wednesday night Jason, Allen and Eric came over and helped for a bit. After some minor set backs the house was completely empty and we were saying good-bye for the last time around noon on Friday. I cried. I thought about all the happy memories, all the moments I will treasure and all the laughs we had. I can't post a picture of each empty room...I would just cry some more, but saying good-bye is never easy. I just keep focusing on all the good times and laughs to come. And I know they will come.

We closed on our new house at 4 PM on Friday and got to the house around 5. Just in time to meet the 4 high school boys we hired, Matt Brown, Matt Myerscough, Allen, Eric and Ellen to start the unloading. All 4 trailers/vans were unloaded in under three hours and the beds were put together too. Ellen and I worked on painting and things started coming together very quickly. So let the good times roll!

I promise I will post pictures of the new house soon...it's not quite ready yet!






No comments: