Monday, May 1, 2017

Golden Birthday Gift



I asked Leah back in February what she thought about maybe redoing her room for her birthday. She was all about it! She couldn't wait to start picking out new things. At first she wanted a Harry Potter themed room...and that was a big NO from me.

I told her we needed to start by deciding what kind of bedding she wanted. The girl is a furnace when she sleeps. Nine times out of ten, shes sleeping with just a sheet on...even in the dead of winter. She vetoed the duvet with down comforter right away. And said she wanted a lightweight quilt. Made sense since that was what she already had. We sat and looked online at different options. Believe it or not, she found the one she wanted on Target.com in the clearance section. It was a WIN for me.

After we got it, I started looking at wall color options. She picked a dark navy...I picked a lighter royal blue. I said the navy was too dark and Mitch reminded me that it was her room so she should get to decide. So we did it! I told her we had to have a lighter color on top to balance it out. She was really flexible with that one. When we started putting it together it really worked! I got the gold curtains, and the throw pillow.

She loves it, I love it. It's so grown up. We are on the verge of a teenager! Now I've got to get some artwork on the walls.

No comments: