Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Leah's Golden Birthday

 I'd like to say that there was major fanfare for Leah's golden birthday. I mean, this year she turned 9 on the 9th! But it was very much so a typical day for us. Of course there were donuts with candles for breakfast. And then Hattie and I took her McDonald's for lunch. She was bummed that I didn't get her a Southwest Salad because she wanted the jalapenos out of mine. I think if I had really brought her a salad she may have been a bit disappointed! After school we had Piano, she opened gifts (Harry Potter Movies and Chronicles of Narnia were big hits) and then we had to get ready for dance and swim.

After swim we went to Dairy Queen. We had to get our traditional birthday ice cream cone. I love that we have this tradition. I think she would have preferred a blizzard but we don't bend the rules on birthday traditions. I can't believe she is halfway to adult. What a smart, sweet, but also trying young girl she is. Even though she argues until shes blue in the face, I'm so glad God made her mine!






No comments: