Sunday, July 9, 2017

Coronado Beach



















When I told Ellen that I thought maybe we should visit San Diego this year I had no idea what I wanted to do. I said maybe visit a beach and for sure the zoo. Social Media is a wonderful thing because I asked a few California connections what we should do and they did not disappoint. First thing we did was drive straight to Coronado Beach...the island. The girls were pretty excited to see the ocean. But then when we got there they were straight up ecstatic. They loved playing in the waves and trying not to get knocked down. Hattie thought building a sand castle was the best, even though our bucket was busted. And they thought it was just the absolute best to look for sea shells. We brought a small bag home with us for keepsakes.

After two hours on the beach, a chilly beach, I might add. We went inland a few blocks. I had promised the girls sushi so I was happy to find an affordable option close by with ocean views. The girls were just thrilled to have sushi and eat with chopsticks! After dinner we checked into our hotel, bayfront in San Diego. The views there were pretty fantastic too! The walls were all windows and the girls declared many times it was the nicest place we've ever stayed...sorry you missed it, daddy! Tomorrow we are off to the zoo!

No comments: