Monday, June 11, 2018

Pure Michigan













So I did a thing this weekend. A few weeks back I told Mitch that I wanted to get my tabata certification and I'm so lucky that I have a husband that supports me and my goals. He didn't miss a beat. I signed up, he found the hotel and we went. We went, even though we'd had a crazy week of dance. The recital ended around 4 pm and we were on the road to Michigan by 5pm. It was after 10 when we checked into the hotel. But no one seemed to mind.

That morning we got up and had breakfast. They dropped me off and went out to do some exploring of their own. They started the day at North Ottawa Dunes where they got in some hiking. They had lunch at a wonderful sandwhich shop (or so I'm told) and then they hit up Grand Haven State Park so they could check out Lake Michigan. The girls said the water was COLD! They loved the light house and were thrilled to knock another state off of their travel list. When I finished up around 4PM they were waiting for me in the parking lot and we made the trip back home. I'm a lucky girl.

No comments: