Sunday, April 17, 2022

Il Refolo

One of the things we enjoy the most about travel is trying the new cuisine. We’re no stranger to gelato but it was high on the list of things to have in Italy. We enjoyed a cannoli or two. I had a Prosecco and enjoyed my first Spritz, but one of the things I enjoyed the most was dinner at Il Refolo. Mitch searched the restaurant reviews and found a very well liked place just around the corner from our AirBnB. It was perfect. We sat on the terrace right by the canal. Kiersten opted for the pizza…which was very good. Hattie had the fried fish and vegetables. Mitch and Leah both enjoyed the seafood risotto while I had the tagliatelle with shrimp and zucchini. It was all good but the appetizer was so fun. The girls don’t shy away from trying new foods. We shared a plate with an octopus salad, sardines, shrimp with pickled red onion and smoked salmon and another seafood spread. It was enjoyed by all! 

After dinner the girls played while we just enjoyed being in Venice. They played tag on a bridge over the canal. They might not remember it, but I always will…my kids, playing in Italy.












No comments: