Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our Last Day with Leah

We knew when we were checking in to the hospital to have Kiersten, which meant we knew that Friday was our last day with JUST Leah. I also knew that my delivery with Kiersten could take awhile. The doctor told us Sunday or Monday which meant if I had a C-section I wouldn't be out of the hospital until Thursday or Friday. How would I manage to be a way from my Leah for that long!!! Thankfully everything went well and I got my VBAC so we were able to check out Wednesday morning...I was really pushy that Wednesday morning :)

Anyway 4 nights away from Leah and I was missing her like crazy. I was comforted to know that she was at home having a great time with her Gigi (my mom). But anyway, I really wanted to make our last day together all about her. She sat on my lap and we watched Sesame Street together, we read countless books (none of this is out of the ordinary) but in the afternoon after her nap I painted her toes. She LOVES a good pedicure, smart girl! She loves to show them off and says "Pretty toes." Once Mitch got home from work we went grocery shopping and then we took Leah out to dinner. Nothing special, just TGI-Friday's but we NEVER go out to eat so it was a treat for her. She sat in the booth with us, had fun "trying" to peek over into the other booths and was even asking for more Broccoli...have I mentioned yet how much I LOVE this kid!!!

We came home and shared a dessert, and spent the rest of the night cuddling and loving on our precious toddler as an only child for the last time. On Saturday morning Mitch and Leah made their traditional Saturday morning pancakes. The last meal I would have for 40 hours, glad it was a good one. Leah kissed my belly a few times, thankfully we got a picture of that and then we took her to our friends house before checking into the hospital. This is our last picture of our small family of 3...Leah had no idea what changes were about to occur, but she is taking them all in stride. Now I have 2 perfect little angels to love and I couldn't be prouder of Leah for being such a good big sister.


"Pretty toes"


kisses for the baby

Pancakes with Daddy

For the last time


No comments: