Sunday, September 19, 2010

Not so little, Leah!

Sometimes I can't even find the words to describe you and how much you make me laugh! I would swear some days you are 2 going on 12...and that scares me. Lately you have been all about playing dress up. You are particulatly fond of mommy's shoes and of course, never the cheap ones. Your good taste makes me smile. You enjoy dressing up like a princess these days too. You have become especially fond of your tutu and tiara, and sometimes you will throw on the fairy wings for good measure...but on the other end of the spectrum is my little tomboy. The one who loves to ride her little quad and practice casting her fishing pole in the back yard. You've got it all, my dear!

About 2 months ago (mid-July) you shocked me by singing your ABC's. And you haven't stopped since. As of now you can tell me what most of the letters are and you can tell me what sound all of them make. I think you like B and W best, you always say "ba, ba, ba, ba" to the tune of Beethoven, (thanks, Leapfrog) and "Wa, Wa, Wa". But you are really good at going "Ca, Ca, Ca...Cold" as you pretend to shiver too. Two days ago you shocked Daddy and I when you took three letters and put them together and said "spell a word", of course you didn't spell anything, but we couldn't believe you grasped the concept. Your counting is coming along well and most days you can make it up to 15-20, but we are still working on recognizing the numbers when you see them.

This past week was Grandpa Dave's birthday so you sang to him on the telephone. I think he really enjoyed it. One of these days we will hopefully be able to SEE family on their birthday's and not just hear the sound of their voices. You have become more aware of some of your toys. You still sleep with a mountain of stuffed animals on your bed and you point out that "Wawa bringed it to me" when you hold up Piglet and "Gigi bringed it to me" when you hold up all the rest. "Gigi bringed it to me" has become a common phrase, especially when looking through your closet for clothes to wear. It makes me smile.

In the last few weeks you have really become an even better, much more loving big sister. When Kiersten wakes up from her nap and is crying in her crib you always want to go comfort her. You tend to go in and look at her and say "what's the matter, Kiersten?" and she usually stops crying when she sees your smile. You have become wonderful at getting out toys for you and Kiersten to play with on the living room floor, and are doing a great job sharing them. It makes me so proud of you, and I hope it is a trait of yours that will last. Oh, Leah...the joy you bring us on a daily basis is immeasureable, of course there are headaches too, but the joy, ahhh...where would I be without it?

No comments: