Tuesday, June 7, 2011

All Dressed up...

Yep, All dressed up with no place to go! Memorial Day Weekend (I know I am slacking) we went to Charleston to have dinner with my family. The kids had a great time playing in the water. Grandpa Merle, Matt and Cynthia and kids joined us and it was a house full. The weather was great and the Cicadas hadn't fully invaded yet so we spent the whole time outside...until after dinner that is. Macy and Leah found the wonderful assortment of dance recital costumes that Susan and Valerie gave us. They were so excited to dress up, as they should be. Then they took it a step farther. They had to have glass slippers to match their royal gowns so off to Gigi's closet they went. From there it took them no time at all to discover all the makeup and Jewelry that Gigi had to offer. If you look carefully the girls lips are BRIGHT RED, they said they asked Gigi for permission. Can you believe she helped them put it on! Mom shared when she went upstairs there were invading her "Collection" of jewelry and Leah had of course picked out my great-grandmothers wedding ring to adorn her finger. I'm so glad that my mom caught them and found a suitable alternative. The girls then came outside to model for us and it was pretty cute. Leah tells us all the time that Macy is her cousin and her best friend and I am so happy that they are getting to spend so much time together. Bug had to get in on the fun too...her dress isn't nearly as regal but I think she looks pretty cute, just the same.



No comments: