Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Birthday Fun

About a week and a half ago I celebrated my birthday...yes I am 30+ but I still like to make a big deal out of my special day. Actually this year I had multiple special days and it was AWESOME! On Thursday the 2nd, we went to Charleston because I had a hair appt. After my hair was did we had dinner and Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake (MY Fave!) at my mom's. Friday the 3rd was my actual birthday. When I woke up that morning there was a tiny little package from my husband that contained a beautiful vintage alexandrite (my birthstone) ring. I love it when he surprises me with jewelry. That evening Mitch and I got a babysitter and went to dinner at the Beach House. It was fantastic! We had a table by the window...overlooking beautiful lake Decatur. I know what you are thinking but literally it's probably the best seat/view in town. We took our time and had dinner over the course of 2+hours...Why not, we knew the girls were in good hands.

On Saturday we got up, actually Mitch got up while I slept in. Then I went to Step Aerobics (my new love). After cleaning up and having lunch with my girls I loaded them up and headed over to Tuscola. My mom met me there and she took the girls home with her for the night...KID free 2 nights in a row~SCORE! I proceeded to spend all my birthday cash on some new clothes for me, and the girls and the hubby. When I got home Mitch and I took a fantastic nap on the couch together. When we woke we headed out on the town and tried a little Mexican restaurant, we probably won't ever go there again but live and learn. Then we just strolled around a strip mall doing a little shopping. We came home, had some mixed drinks and curled up on the couch to watch a movie.

Sunday was the BEST! I heart the Saint Louis Cardinals Big time, and my dad graciously let us have his season tickets to Sunday's game. They were playing the Chicago Cubs...BIG TIME rivalry!My friend Ellen and her friend Valerie who I have met several times mey us there. It was a slow game. Their pitching ace Zambrano against our star pitcher Carpenter. Few hits, even fewer runs and Pujols wins it with a homer in extra innings! Then on to my parents house to get the girls, who I was missing terribly by then. It was also the 5th...my nephew Colby's 2nd birthday so we had dinner and the rest of the ice cream cake and let him open a few gifts. It was a fantastic way to end my birthday hoopla! Can't wait for next year.





No comments: