Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Leotards, Letters and Laughs with Leah


Leah is doing tumbling for tots at Richland Community College here in Decatur this summer. It is for kids age 2-4 and is the "prerequisite" for Pre-Ballet. I've been doing a lot of research on the different dance studios in Decatur. Believe it or not there are tons of them! I wasn't quite sure how to make a decision. My cousin Sarah does Ballet at a center in Bloomington-Normal so I had my Aunt talk to her instructors and find out what places they would and would not recommend. Actually Richland came the most highly recommended and just my luck, it was the cheapest, YAY! They have classes year round and they do 2 concerts a year. They do the Nutcracker every December and they do a Spring show every May before the summer session starts. This year they did Cinderella. I would have loved to have taken Leah, but we were in Minnesota all 3 days of performances. This summer my mom is taking all of us girls (Laura, Cynthia, Macy, Leah and myself) to see the Pinkalicious musical in Chicago. I know Leah will love it...maybe I should have her wear her pink tutu! Anyway, these are some pictures of the first day of class. I put her leotard on for the first time and a few minutes later she was running around the house yelling "Mom, there is something wrong with my butt!" I think her leotard was creeping up on her, but it was so funny I couldn't help but laugh. Eventually it stretched out and she was fine by the time class started and was ready to strut her stuff!


Another thing we are working on at home is writing her letters. Somedays she does great and other days she could do a little better, but I am so proud of her. And you can tell by the smile that she is proud of herself as well. We are trying to get into the habit of writing her name every morning after breakfast, sometimes Mommy forgets. Considering she turned 3 just a month ago, I think she is doing great, and she loves the stickers for rewards that I give her. Leah makes me laugh so much. I love that I can document all her little quirks here so we can look back at them later and smile. Love you so much, LeeLee!

No comments: