Sunday, October 23, 2011

BEAR Down!

CHICAGO BEARS!!! So last week, was the big game. Remember...I bought tickets for my wonderful husband and surprised him for his birthday. We took the girls to Charleston, and my brother and sister-in-law watched them for the day. Mitch and I made the trip up to Chicago, and it was a gorgeous fall day. When we arrived around 4 pm, the temp was in the 60's. We walked around Michigan Avenue a bit, and Grant Park. We took in an early dinner at Bennigan's and then headed to the game.

We made sure to get to the stadium plenty early...the line was non-existant when we arrived, but it didn't take long for it to look like this:


We walked around the stadium. I talked to some people (imagine that). I actually met a lady from Marshall, Minnesota (where Mitch went to College), and she traveled to Montevideo, Minnesota (Mitch's hometown) a few times a month...small world. I, of course, discovered all of this while Mitch was in the restroom. A girl has to occupy herself, right?!?!

We both had really high hopes for the game. Afterall, neither of our teams is off to a great start this year. We figured the game had pretty good odds of being close. Well, it was obvious by the half that the Viking's didn't have a chance. They really looked pretty pathetic, and I actually feel bad writing that, knowing how much Mitch loves them...but lets call a spade a spade. Mitch even commented that it was time to bench McNabb and let the rookie QB have a shot so they could see what they had to start building with and by fourth quarter that is exactly what they did. I missed a 3rd quarter return for a touchdown by Devon Hester...standing in line for HOT CHOCOLATE of all things. Oh well! The final score was 39-10, and I was happy...Mitch, not so much :)






No comments: