Monday, October 10, 2011

Picking Pumpkins and Ice Cream Too!

Picture overload...but they are just so cute. And you have no idea how difficult it is to get a picture of all 3 of them. We started out our afternoon by checking out the animals. Kids just love animals!!! We got to hear them mimic the turkeys, the pigs, the sheep...they had what I assume were Llama's. So Leah shared in some Llama, Llama, Where's your Mama humor (Children's literature). We saw some awesome pumpkins...one that weighed 1092 lbs. Her name was Bertha. They had white (albino) pumpkins and lots of others. It was crazy to see the variety. And did you know that Arthur's Great Pumpkin Patch was featured on the Martha Stewart Show last year AND they decorated the White House back in 06 or 07...that's no small potatoes, or pumpkins if I may :)

We did the animals, we did the maze and then we did the ever popular hay-rack ride tour, only it was more of a trolly than a hay-rack, but it was fun and there was a guide that talked about the different variety of pumpkins and he told us all about Broom-Corn too, go figure! He told us how they have to import in bees for pollination because the crop is so big...who knew! Mitch did some tour-guiding of his own, filling me in on some different plants and trying to explain to me what ADM was trying to do with them. I paid attention, really I did...but I couldn't repeat a sentence of it if I tried.
I LOVE this picture of the kids. Isn't is just so "See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil." And it isn't posed at all. I digress, but anyway...after the ride we headed out to the patch with our wagon. We were on a mission to find the perfect pumpkin. To be honest Mitch was on more of a mission than the rest of us. Cynthia and I just trampled around with the kids while the Daddy's did the looking. Occasionally, Kiersten would bend down and pat the pumpkins as if they were puppies. And of course she would say "punkin." I just love my girls! After we found our pumpkin Mitch put it in the wagon. He was starting to go back towards the entrance, but Colby interjected.



This picture kills me. Colby is laying down the law with Leah. He is telling her a thing or two. Matt says that he is telling her to stay seated and keep her hands in the wagon, ha ha. After our "punkin" picking was done, we decided to get a snack. The kids were so well behaved we gave them a really special ice cream treat. And can you believe it...they even had pumpkin ice cream! It was ORANGE and it was good. I think Kiersten got more on her face and hands than she did in her mouth, but that's all part of the fun. It was a great day!






No comments: