Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!


There is nothing more beautiful to me than seeing my husband holding our children and I'm excited about the fact that in a week (give or take) I will see him holding the final addition to our family. We are almost complete, and I hope he knows how amazing his contributions to our family are. He is an awesome husband, friend and father. The girls are so lucky to have him and they know it, me too. They BOTH are Daddy's girl...I originally had hoped that since Leah was such a Daddy's girl, that Kiersten would be a mommy's girl  but no such luck. They are so smitten with him. At least once a week they cry in the morning because they didn't want their Daddy to be gone to work in the morning. In the afternoon they count down until he gets home, and they love helping him in the garden. So for Father's Day we got him so accessories to go along with their garden hobby. Our garden doubled in size this year. We have green beans, corn, carrots, zucchini, acorn squash, butternut squash, asparagus, brussel sprouts, spinach, sweet peppers, banana peppers, a array of cucumbers, some herbs, watermelon and canteloupe...oh, and several variety of tomatoes. I think that about covers it. Daddy has some plans to do some canning with all our fantastic produce so we got him a canning guide/recipe book and a canning kit. A couple of dress shirts for work too, but that's boring.

Of course, I have to add this little tid bit...First thing this morning I remided Kiersten that it was Father's Day. She went down the hall and said "Happy Father's Day for Uncle Matt." I had to laugh, she had recalled me putting a card in the mail to him is all I can think would prompt her to say that. I told her she needed to say Happy Father's Day to her Daddy. She said "OH, Happy Father's Day Daddy!" It was so funny. I made Daddy one of his favorites for lunch, bisquits with homemade sausage gravy and then we headed to Mattoon Country Club for a few hours relaxing and cooling off at the pool. Mitch and I were able to finish off the night with a date out for Indian Food. YUM! Thanks for babysitting, Ellen. Anyway, we sure do love our Daddy and hope he had a VERY Happy Father's Day!

No comments: