Sunday, June 24, 2012

I've Got No Strings...

I've got no strings,
To hold me down,
To make me fret, or make me frown.
I had strings,
But now I'm free,
There are no strings on me.


My poor sweet Hattie has had a rough go of it. About 8 hours after her traumatic birth her blood sugars had plummeted to a level the pediatrician was uncomfortable with, so they hooked her up to an IV and started running lots of test. Over the course of the past 3 days, she has had to have her heel pricked and her blood sugars drawn before EVERY feeding.

Finally last night, they decided that her levels had stabalized enough to remove the IV. We were so excited! Stable levels meant that if her levels maintained we would soon be on our way home. I couldn't help but sing the song from Pinocchio..."There are no strings on me."  when she was finally free. It's so nice to not have to worry about getting her caught on every little thing and her IV pulling and causing her pain.

Right away this morning she went to see the pediatrician and the report came back that she was good to go. Of course it helps that we have a pediatrician appointment at 8:15 AM tomorrow morning. Doctor said baby looks "perfect" and we can take her home. Of course we already knew that. So anxious to get her home, and see my two other sweet girls after 4 long nights at the St. Mary's Hospital Bed and Breakfast!!!






No comments: