Thursday, June 21, 2012

Making the Most of It

It's just about that time to add another little one to our family. The past few weeks I have been trying to cherish every little baby kick, every little episode of hiccups because I know the end is near. I'm well past 39 weeks now, and getting so anxious to meet this little one that I am already totally and completely in love with. I'm so eager to find out if this is a little brother or sister for my two sweet girls whose lives are about to be turned upside down. Sometimes I think that they are almost as excited as I am, but don't fully grasp what is about to happen. We've been reading lots of books...a favorite it the Berenstein Bears - New Baby. And Leah asks lots of questions about how the baby is going to get out, so we have a book for that too! Both the girls have been enjoying looking through their baby albums, at pictures of them as newborns. They love to see pictures of them in the bath, on trips, and with other family members. It's sweet and makes me wish that they weren't growing up so fast. But as for this new arrival, we are ready...as ready as we can be.

We are also trying to spend time doing more special things with the girls. Friday night we took them out to dinner...which we NEVER do. We went to Olive Garden. Gigi takes us there sometimes and the girls love the salad and macaroni and cheese. Sunday we went swimming at Mattoon Country Club. Yesterday Mitch got up and made pancakes for breakfast with the girls. They LOVE to cook with daddy, and he makes special PINK pancakes that they think are just the bees knees. They love to add ingredients to the bowl and stir and do a good job taking turns. I gave them pedicures, resulting in some pretty purple toes. These are all things that we did with Leah before Kiersten came and so I thought it would be nice to make it a "tradition" so someday they can see these pictures in the baby book. Yesterday afternoon my mom came for lunch. After Leah was picked up from VBS Mitch ran through the Dairy Queen drive-thru and got the girls another favorite for lunch...hot dogs, YES, hot dogs. After lunch they kissed my belly and snuggled the new baby. We took a picture for the last time as a family of four. Mom loaded up the girls and took them to Charleston and Mitch and I headed to St. Mary's Hospital in Decatur. Yes, I am in labor...TO BE CONTINUED!!!







2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Can't wait to hear the good news!! Good luck!

The McClearys said...

Who blogs while in labor?!? So excited for you guys!