Sunday, June 24, 2012

Special Visitors

One of the nice things about being back closer to home, is having all our family and friends love and support. And we certainly felt it this week. A big thank you to my parents and Matt and Cynthia for keeping Leah and Kiersten for the 4+ days that Mitch and I have been at the hospital. Thanks to our dear friend, Ellen..she stayed at our place, looked after the dogs and brought me dinner in the hospital. And to all of our other friends and family that sent text and called to see how we are doing, we appreciate your prayers and know that they paid off.

For me personally, the best special visitors were big sisters Leah and Kiersten. Wow, they were excited and it was beyond adorable. Kiersten kept saying "Shhh, Gigi. You have to be quiet around the baby." and seeing them peeking into the bassinet just made my heart melt. I will never forget the look on Leah's face as I pulled off Hattie's little cap and showed her the head full of brown hair. Leah's eyes lit up and said "She has brown hair just like me!" It was priceless. Leah doesn't quite get it yet, but Hattie is her mini-me...or at least that's what Mitch and I both think.

Mom had brought lunch for the girls and Mitch. After they were finished eating, the girls got a special treat. Aunt Lori and Uncle Todd had sent flowers. They came with two coloring books and crayons and Leah announced that she was going to color pictures for Baby Hattie. She sat at the table and colored 3 pictures. She was so eager to show Hattie her drawings. After that we tried to sit and get some sister/sibling pictures. Leah was super thrilled to hold her baby sister and you can see the joy on her face. The first meeting with the girls went better than I could have imagined. Even Kiersten was excited. Mom said that back in Charleston Kiersten kept talking about how she has a new sister and Baby Hattie. I hope they still like her after a few days at home :) These three will be thick as thieves, best friends and more...I'm excited to see what the future holds. Daddy, on the other hand, has his shotgun ready, ha ha!







No comments: