Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Graduate

First day and last day with Mrs. Stanzione

"Preschool is over and we are going home. Goodbye, Adios, we always have fun." So that is part of a song that Mrs. Stanzione sang with the kids at the end of every school day. I miss hearing it already and it has only been a few days. Leah spent over two years at the St. Paul's Preschool and last week she graduated. In the Fall she is off to Kindergarten which is so very hard to believe. Physically I don't think she has changed that much...she is quite a bit taller, but her vocabulary and maturity is the most evident. This girl is smart as a whip, and tells it like it is. She is slowly but surely reading and I know great things are in store for her in the future. She is sad that she won't see Mrs. Stanzione everyday, but we will still see her at church. And Logan, how will she ever live without Logan. Well, they start Junior Golf together on June 11th so that ought to help with that.

For the end of the year they interviewed the kids. The first question was what will you miss about preschool?  Leah said she would miss being with the best teacher ever. The second question was what do you want to be when you grow up? Leah said she wants to be a doctor and help people and a mother. She has such a kind heart. Over the course of the school year Mrs. Stanzione wrote down funny things that her preschoolers would say. The board had quite a few things on it from Leah. I wish I could remember them all, but right now the only one that comes to mind is once when Leah was upset with Mrs. Stanzione she told her "You are giving me a preschool headache." I wonder how that's different from a regular headache, LOL. Anyway, I'm going to miss spending my afternoons with Miss Leah. She definitely can be exasperating and relentless in her pursuit of what she wants. But she's an independent gal and I wouldn't have it any other way. Good Luck in Kindergarten, my darling Leah.




Gretchen, Arthur, Leah and Alayna



Mrs. Stanzione with her two favorites!

No comments: