Sunday, September 22, 2013

Golden Gate Bridge

 





There is only one word to describe the Golden Gate Bridge...Breathtaking! Well, the bridge itself may not be that breathtaking, but again...the views are. You know it's big, you've seen pictures in the books. But then you get there and it's just so magnificent. I can't even fathom how they built it. The enormity of it is overwhelming. We walked out onto the bridge about halfway. After a little while I couldn't look down. But seriously, who dreams up an idea this big and says "yeah, I'm gonna build that."

One of the things that struck me walking across the bridge was about halfway out there was a telephone with a sign that said "crisis counseling"...sad to think that is needed. While we stood out on the bridge I was amazed by how many foreigners were there visiting. It seemed that more than two-thirds of the people around us were European of some sort. I wonder if foreigners are as aware of American visitors in their own countries. And you could definitely tell we were in California. The number of bikers and joggers in the area and on the bridge was crazy! Next on to Muir Woods.

No comments: