Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Muir Woods









This land is my land, this land is your land. From California to the New York Islands. From the Redwood Forests, to the Gulf Stream Waters...This land was made for you and me. ~Woody Guthrie

I couldn't help but sing this song while we were on our way to Muir Woods. Mitch was shocked that I wanted to go to Muir Woods, but who wouldn't want to see the beautiful Redwoods? And since we were there I was definitely checking them out.

The pictures don't do this National Park justice. They are breathtaking and the light shining through the canopy is so beautiful. It was interesting to read some facts about them. When you touched them they had an almost spongey feel. They also formed tree families. When an older tree was damaged new ones would sprout up in a circle around it, as if they were protecting it.

And while I enjoyed reading about the trees and educating myself, I really just enjoyed the serenity of the woods. I hope someday I can share places like these with the girls.

No comments: