Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bug's Birthday Roundup


Yesterday my sweet baby Bug turned 4...and it's hitting me hard. It's so cliche...the phrase "they grow up so fast" but it's so true. It seems like just yesterday I was rocking her to sleep, lying her in her crib and waiting for the cry in the middle of the night. And now she is as independent, sassy and smart as they come. I don't want this stage to end. I love the crazy things she says. I love the way when she is tired she still climbs into my lap to snuggle and she fits so perfectly that it's like there is no other place in the world that she belongs, except to me. She is in fact a "momma's girl" and I adore that about her. When I told her that I didn't want her to turn 4, that I wanted her to stay 3, she said to me "I will still love you when I am 4, because I will always be your baby." Yes Bug, you will ALWAYS be my baby.

Tisha and I decided a while back to hold a joint party for our girls. Bug's birthday was March 8th and Tatum's the 10th and we knew we would be inviting a lot of the same people. Tatum wanted a cowgirl party, and Bug didn't really care as long as she got to have a party...so Birthday Roundup was what we did. Tisha and I worked on the skirts together. I got the invites, thank you's and favor tags. The rest we divided up pretty easily and it all came together pretty smoothly.

Tisha hosted because she has an awesome finished basement. We started off the party with some art projects. We had the kids fashion some western style vest out of paper bags, and we had some Sheriff Callie printables for them all to color. They had some snacks while they worked on the projects. Then we headed down stairs. We had pony races and Mitch helped them play pin the bow on Apple Jack (She's a pony in case you aren't familiar with the My Little Pony brand). After the games we just let them play for a while. Then we went upstairs for cake. Tisha had the Wal-Mart bakery do cupcakes in the shape of a pony. It turned out pretty cute. And then of course there were gifts. The party went by pretty fast. And everyone had a great time...Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go cry in the corner of my baby turning 4. What's wrong with me???

























No comments: