Sunday, March 2, 2014

Natalie Loraine


She's here, she's here! I'm an auntie again, and my sister Laura finally knows the joy and the love of being a mother. Last Tuesday (the 25th and incidentally, her due date) I started getting text messages from my sister questioning whether or not she was in labor. After an hour of so, I had her convinced and suggested that she call her doctor. Of course, they wanted to see her. And about three hours later she was being admitted.

YAY! It was a long night. I checked in around 6 am, and she was almost to a 9. And she texted me at 7:30 that they were having her wait about 30 minutes and then the pushing would begin. So I kept my phone close by. I even skipped my regular class at the Y, and opted to do the elliptical so I could take a call if need be. But at 10 there was still no news. I texted Jeff for an update. About 30 minutes later he let us know that she had pushed for over two hours with no progress. They were taking a 30-40 minute break and then giving it another go.

Around 1 I got word that they were taking her in for a C-section. After 4+ hours of pushing Laura developed a fever so they wanted to get her out. 4+ hours!!! My sister is a rockstar! So then around 2:30 I got word that she arrived. Laura called me a little after 3 and let me know her name was Natalie Loraine. Natalie was Jeff's grandmother and February 26th had been her birthday, and of course Loraine was my grandmother on the Myerscough side. What a name full of sentiment and meaning. Natalie had been trying to make her way in to the world sunny side up...it just wasn't going to work. But she is here and healthy and beautiful...that's what matters most. Mom and baby both went home yesterday, March 1st. Oh, and might I add she certainly looks like a Myerscough!

Natalie Loraine Ianello
February 26th, 2014
7 lbs 5 oz, 20,5 inches
12:22 pm



No comments: