Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Point Park, The Battle in the Clouds











Visiting a Civil War Battlefield with my kids was not something I ever thought I would do. I mean, I didn't love it when my dad dragged us all over Tennessee and Mississippi when I was a kid. But when you take the Incline Railway and the park is there....like literally right there, you may as well check it out. And I have to say, I enjoyed it way more as an adult. Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga was the site of the Civil War Battle in the Clouds. We heard about how difficult it was for them to point the cannons facing down, and how difficult it was for the soldiers to climb. The South was able to hold them off for a while, but eventually the North overcame. Leah was very curious about which side was the "good" side. I told her she is going to have to start talking to her Papa the Civil War expert. It was a good learning experience, although, looking over the edges made me nervous more than once.

No comments: