Friday, March 4, 2016

Viva La Mexico





















Oh Playa, It had been far too long!!! Well, 5 years to be exact. The last time that Mitch and I had taken a vacation together was right before we were preparing to move to Illinois. Kiersten was almost 1 and this time she was almost 6. We were definitely due.

We went to Brian, Lisa, Lori and Todd and had 5 wonderful nights at the Catalonia Royale Tulum. This was our first time at this resort. It was much smaller than we were used to. It was quiet and we certainly felt like we were on the young side. It had the traditional buffets. But then also had 6 additional restaurants. The food was fantastic. We had our choice of Seafood, Asian, Steakhouse, Tapas, Italian and Mexican Cuisine. The Tapas was by far my favorite. And the morning buffets certainly did not disappoint for breakfast. Veggie omelet?? Yes, Please!!!

Mitch and I went paddle boating a few times. It always made me a little anxious at first but I loved it and wish we would have done it a few times more. We took walks on the beach. I even did water aerobics in the ocean. Mitch loved the snorkeling. He went pretty far off to the drop off (think Finding Nemo, Lol) and actually saw a Manta Ray.

Gigi stayed back home with the girls. Five nights was just enough, and I was ready to get home. But then a day or two later I was ready to go again. Funny how that works. Someday we will take the girls on trips like these...until then they will have to settle for the Dells.

P.S. My Plexus Pink Drink taste even better when poolside in Paradise :)

No comments: