Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Happy Birthday, Hattie!




I know they say it goes by fast, but I don't think you ever really realize how quickly it goes by until you are in the thick of it. These girls are growing up so fast, right before my very eyes. I just don't know how it's possible that Hattie is 4! What a blessing she is to us all. we celebrated at the pool with swim lessons and of course ended the day with Dairy Queen ice cream cones.

She is quite the talker...and to think, two years ago, we were getting started with speech services because she wouldn't talk. Now we can't get her to stop! The other day Mitch was trying to nap in the car. He gave up and propped the seat up. Hattie said to him "I thought you were going to take a nap?" And he replied that he couldn't because she wouldn't be quiet. To which she replied "I'm sorry, I don't know how to keep my mouth shut!" She's a hoot! And I love it when she says "liar, liar, pumpkin eater!" instead of the typical "Cheater, cheater".

She has a love for all things ponies...as in My Little Pony. She loves to snuggle with her momma, play with her sisters and she steals the heart of all the lifeguards at the pool. For real, they all want to babysit for us. Not a bad problem to have. And she certainly gets lots of attentions from her Gigi...wrapped around her finger is more like it. I'm terrified about the day she goes to kindergarten. It's still a year away, but I will miss this sweet girl when my days aren't full of HER! Happy Birthday, Hattie...love you more than you will ever know!

No comments: