Sunday, June 5, 2016

Leah's Dance Recital 2016













Sigh...My Sweet Leah, she is such a beautiful dancer. Hard to believe she just did her 5th dance recital. And sadly, it may be her last. She's been saying she doesn't want to do dance anymore "it's just not my thing" but I told her that we don't quit halfway through the year, that we see things through to the end. She's having second thoughts,she says maybe just one more year. But I think in the Fall she will say no more. She did a fantastic job with her recital this year. Dance week started on Wednesday with us being at Kirkland for about 4 hours of dress rehearsal. Thankfully, Daddy delivered some Jimmy John's to us for dinner!

On Saturday at the recital her first dance was Tap. They danced to Boogie Shoes and it was just precious. She had so much spunk. She was really crisp with her moves. I loved it. That was followed by ballet...My everything. I know that ballet is her favorite. Part of me thinks that may be why she doesn't enjoy dance as much. She wants to go to class and do ballet, and they also work on tap and jazz. She was very elegant on stage...yes, I cried! And lastly was her jazz number...On Top of the World. She sure sparkled up there with all those sequins. And of course, she loved getting flowers from her Gigi...and the Cookie Dough Blizzard on the way home was pretty sweet too!

No comments: