Sunday, October 23, 2016

Boo at the Zoo, 2016

It happens every October. Scovill Zoo gets all spooked out for Trick or Treat, and every year these girls love to get dressed up and and check it out. In case you can't tell, they are loving Star Wars. Kiersten is Rey from the Force Awakens, Leah is Princess Leia and Hattie is Jedi Padawana Ahsoka from the prequels...or so I'm told. I've never really watched them. But she picked it out herself. She told me she wanted to be the girls with the curlies on her head. I thought she meant Leia, but then she saw the costume and even knew the name. I was impressed. 

It was a gorgeous October afternoon. We didn't even need jackets or coats. The zoo was busy and the animals were out. We did the train ride, which was surprisingly boring this year. In the past there have been sound effects and lots of decorations. But the girls didn't seem to mind. And as always, the carousel was a hit. They played Halloween music...The Addams Family theme song and the Harry Potter theme song. I was hoping for some Purple People Eater, I kid!














No comments: