Wednesday, October 5, 2016

WIldcats AND Leah in Chicago!








So my sister, Aunt Laura, doesn't come to Illinois often. I figured since she was going to be in Chicago, I would take advantage of the opportunity. And I took Leah along for a little fun. Sometimes the girls like Golf, other times, they could care less. But I knew either way, watching some really good golfers would be fun. And the Wildcats did not disappoint.

They were competing in Northwesterns Home Tournament at the Glen View Club on Monday and Tuesday. Leah and I drove up on Sunday and followed them during their practice round. Around hole 15 it started to rain!!! So glad I had my umbrella along. This is when things got really exciting for Miss Leah. Aunt Laura let her drive the golf cart. By the time the team finished up, Laura, Leah and I all had soaking wet feet. We hit up Target for some new kicks! Then we went to dinner at a sushi restaurant. Leah was pretty adventurous. She tried the soft shell crab and the spicy scallop and loved them both. Afterwards we headed back to the hotel. Leah got to show Aunt Laura some of her swimming moves in the pool.

We got back to the room and every one was tucked in and ready for bed by 11. Good thing, because the team was teeing off at 7:30 the next morning. Leah and I watched about 7 holes before we decided to hit the road. Once again our feet were sopping wet. But that's okay, it was a good time and we would certainly do it again!

No comments: