Sunday, October 16, 2016

Welcome to the DSC!








You don't know what the DSC is? Don't worry neither did I. But its a new world that we have entered into!!! DSC stands for Decatur Swim Club. For the last two years, Leah has been asking if she could swim. And I kept saying no, because I didn't want to drive to the Y every day for practice. Well, it's 3rd grade now, and Mitch says we have to let her start making her own choices, Even thought she is MY BABY, but I caved. My sweet Leah quit dance this year...she was such a beautiful, graceful dancer, and she joined the DSC. I thought for sure it would be a semester or two of lessons first. But I was wrong. She made the competititve team.

So here we are, bright and early on a Saturday morning, at Stanford Olympia High School participating in our first Otter Plunge. She swam 2 events...the 50m backstroke and the 25m freestyle. Mitch figured it was enough to get her feet (or fins) wet. She was a nervous wreck, but she did fantastic. She got third in her heat of the back stroke and we were so proud. She was 4th in her heat of the freestyle, backstroke is clearly her strength, but it was fun to see her give it her all. Goodbye Saturdays at home, we'll be spending them at the pool!

No comments: