Friday, October 14, 2016

Rock Springs










Yesterday I had a chance to tag along with Kiersten's class for a field trip out to the Rock Springs Conservation Area. It's a place that we have been many times before, and is always a good time. Lucky for us, we got to start indoors. It was a chilly morning, so we enjoyed the heat while we checked out the exhibits and played with the puzzles.

Second, we went out to the pond, or lake, or river...not really sure where we were!!! The guide talked to us about the aquatic habitat. Afterwards we went down the the water with nets. He wanted us to find life in the water. Us parents left that to the kids. One of Bug's classmates caught a tadpole right off the bat. After a little while, Bug got a BUG! We weren't really sure what it was at the time, but we later found out it was a dragonfly nymph. I had no idea that dragonflies actually begin in the water. You learn something new all the time.

I had to cut my trip short so I could go get Hattie from preschool, but after the aquatic lesson, they went to the reptile house. I was so bummed to miss out on that, Ha! Kiersten had a great time, and I'm glad we got to do it together!

No comments: