Sunday, January 24, 2021

Valenversary










 So yeah, that’s not a word! But anyway...this weekend I surprised Mitch with a quick trip up North. We didn’t get to celebrate our anniversary and February will be full with swim meets (hopefully) and a trip North to visit family before Mitch heads to Spain....Valentines weekend. I booked a room at the resort where we were married and we had a lovely dinner overlooking the lake. It was fun to see him try to put it together. I told him we were just having a lunch date while the girls were at Saturday swim practice. I just kept on driving. Ultimately it was the email from Papa Murphy’s pizza that did me in. He couldn’t figure out why I was ordering a pizza so I had to spill the news that it was for the girls and the baby sitter because we weren’t going home.

When we wed 13 years ago it was in the midst of quite a snow storm, a few years back when we came to visit it snowed again. This morning we woke up to plenty of white stuff. I wonder if when Lake Geneva sees us coming it thinks “here come the Schultzes...get the snow plows ready”! 


No comments: