Monday, April 25, 2011

Early Easter

On Palm Sunday, my family all packed up in their vehicles and headed North to the big city of Herscher! My Grandma Schaumburg lives in an assisted living facility up there and we are so fortunate because they have a large kitchen/meeting room that they let families use. So dressed in their Sunday best the kids and parents were able to have a nice visit for Easter.

Having lived in New Jersey the past couple of years and having to split Christmas time between Illinois and Minnesota, I haven't gotten to see much of the Schaumburg side of the family the last few years. So it was great to catch up in person and not just on facebook. My cousins and brother went out and hid some Easter Eggs and we all enjoyed watching the kids on the hunt...even Grandma Schaumburg. I'm hoping now that we are back in Illinois there will be more opportunities for get-togethers like this.






No comments: