Monday, April 18, 2011

Painting a Masterpiece





No it's not a crime scene, just Leah playing in my bathroom with a bottle of nail polish!!! Friday night Mitch and I stayed up late, watching a movie and having some adult conversation. Well Saturday I was just exhausted! Mitch and Leah made their traditional pancake breakfast then went to the store. After they returned Mitch and I got busy working on some dishes to take to my Grandma's for Easter dinner on Sunday.

After lunch and some play we put the girls down for a nap. Leah wasn't settling down like normal for her nap. We heard her running around upstairs. After a few warnings she got quiet. I laid down on my bed for a nap while Mitch was downstairs watching TV. I woke about 40 minutes later and and my bathroom door was closed and I heard little noises coming from behind the door. I opened the door to the scene above. She looked up at me and immediately said "I'm sorry, Mommy. I wanted to paint my toes." She kept repeating how sorry she was and I told her to stay put while I went down and got Daddy and the nail polish remover. I made a quick trip to the store for more nail polish remover while daddy got to work. After about 2 bottles she was mostly clean...mostly.

No comments: