Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Goodies

Last night, as a family...we partook in some Christmas baking. It's not my strong suit, so I always eagerly hand the title of top chef over to my husband and I am the sous. Or to put it in terms for Leah, Daddy is the cooker and I am the cleaner. The girls LOVE to cook. They think it is so much fun to stir things in bowls and they love being daddy's little helpers. So why should this time be any different? Leah has her Preschool Christmas Program tonight. I'm struggling just a little bit with the fact that she is old enough to be in a preschool program, but anyway...after the program they are having "refreshments" which is just a fancy way of saying cookies and punch. So we decided in the spirit of Christmas to contribute to the goodies! I LOVE these cookies. They are yellow cake mix cookies. I made them for Easter and put pastel sprinkles and frosting, so this time we of course added the obvious red and green sprinkles and kept the frosting white. They are so YUMMY! They stay nice and moist and chewy and I could seriously eat the whole batch! Tonight after the program we hit the road running for Minnesota...let the Christmas Frenzy begin!



No comments: