Saturday, December 3, 2011

The most wonderful time of the year!

When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy. - Matthew 2:10

I absolutely LOVE Christmas! I can't wait to get the tree up, and decorate the house and now that I have kids I find that the excitement and anticipation are almost too much. I wanted to put the tree up the weekend before Thanksgiving but Mitch made me wait. Leah, just like me...could not wait. She saw the ornaments and was dying to get started. Kiersten could take it or leave it, but she isn't even two so I'll let the lack of enthusiasm slide this year :)

It didn't take us long. Of course that's because with a 3 year old and 20 month old, we have a small tree and minimal ornaments. Because we all know that the almost 2 year old repeatedly takes ornaments off the tree. Anyway, I got an "L" and a "K" ornament. Leah was super excited for those. "L is for me" she says. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...and a few other decorations were placed here and there. We've been playing Christmas music occasionally and the girls are starting to know the words. Bug has jingle bells down pat, and Leah of course loves Rudolph!

My favorite part of the holiday season this year so far has been the girls excitement about Baby Jesus. They recognize him in the Nativity and talk about him just as much and with as much excitement as Santa Claus. We read the Christmas Story, and we have a Nativity in the living room. I'm excited for the day when we can talk about the Christmas tree and what it represents oh, and Sunday School Christmas programs. I really can't wait for that!!!

The Sunday after Thanksgiving Leah and I got to share a really special treat. We were invited and went to Bloomington to see the Nutcracker. My cousin Sarah was performing the role of Clara for her ballet company. What a treat! I was a little nervous, but Leah did so well. She sat quietly and took it all in. When the show was over and I asked her what her favorite part was, she mentioned the Mouse Dance (The Mouse Queen) and she came home and told her Daddy about it too. I was so happy to share it with her. Sarah danced beautifully and I'm so glad we went.







No comments: