Saturday, December 3, 2011

Turkey Day...Gobble, Gobble!

We enjoyed a nice relaxing Thanksgiving this year, and hope you all did too. We enjoyed the morning in our jammies, curled up on the couch watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. For most of the morning I was curled up on the couch with them, but I just had to get a picture! Daddy was outside doing yardwork. One of these years I will get him to join us...they got so excited about some of the balloons, and loved some of the performances. Bug didn't sit still for long, but she would say "look at this, look at this" whenever she got excited. I think the Sesame Street performance was the highlight of the morning. Of course I treated them to cookies for a mid-morning snack too!

We ate a really quick lunch and then headed to Charleston. Mom was planning a 6:00 dinner but we thought it would be best to get there and let Kiersten take a nap before the festivities. I let them wear their new winter coats for the occassion. Leah wanted to dance and twirl in hers, and Bug kept saying "fancy, fancy" they were so cute. I LOVE the coats and am so glad I got them!

Matt, Cynthia, Macy and Colby came for dinner too! Mitch and Matt got to talk about hunting, and talked and talked and talked. The kids had so much fun playing and Mom cooked a fantastic meal. Kiersten got to sample the potatoes before anyone else. I love the picture of her licking the beaters clean. My little baby isn't so little anymore!!! I couldn't get over how excited Leah was for Thanksgiving this year. They must have talked about it at preschool because all she would talk about was how excited she was for stuffing and pumpkin pie...I don't know where it came from but it was adorable to hear her talk about it. Thankfully the stuffing and pumpkin pie did not disappoint.




No comments: