Friday, December 23, 2011

First Christmas Program

Last week my baby girl had her first Christmas Program. I think she made the most adorable little sheep. She was so excited getting her costume on, and of course I had heard some of the songs several times since she was practicing them at home. Gigi came to Decatur and had dinner with us before we went to the church for the big show. Mitch was sitting on the aisle and was able to capture the adorable picture of her coming in with her class. Kiersten sat in her seat and said "baa baa" and then quickly occupied herself with a coloring book.

The program was for all the kids at St. Paul's who are not school-aged. They wheeled the babies in with a giant decorated buggy. The two year-olds were dressed as Angels. The 3 year-olds were dressed as sheep, and the four year-olds were dressed as shepherds. They sang several songs that included Shepherds Watching, Jesus in my Heart, Sparkle and Shine and we finished up with Away in a Manger. At one point during the show Leah yelled "MOM" and was waving at me. My heart smiled. She is growing up too fast and I look forward to the many Christmas Programs to come.




No comments: